Food and financial aid program management
Sunnyvale Community Services (SCS) is a nonprofit emergency assistance agency in the San Francisco Bay Area. They provide financial aid, food, and other support for low-income families and seniors.
SCS had a highly customized program management system built for them six years ago on the Salesforce platform. The system no longer matched the way they worked.
Bigger Boat rebuilt their system to allow them to:
- See a complete picture of their clients as individuals and households
- Know when a client is or has been enrolled in a program, including the
- Add new programs as needed
- Improve efficiency and effectiveness in their workflows
- Take ownership over and extend their system once it was delivered
- Use the Salesforce Lightning user interface. The interface includes a custom Lightning component for scanning barcodes. This makes recording food distributions fast and efficient.
For additional details on how their challenges were solved, see our Sunnyvale program management case study and our post on advanced NPSP household management.