We’re looking for a Senior Salesforce Consultant to join our team. In this role, you will work with our clients throughout the lifecycle of projects. You’ll also have a real impact on the growth of Bigger Boat Consulting and many nonprofits.
Who We Are
We are a mission-driven consulting firm serving human services and housing organizations. Our clients understand the value of taking ownership of their systems, and our process empowers them to do so.
Our clients include organizations like Seattle Children’s Hospital, Treehouse, Sunnyvale Community Services, and the Homeless Prenatal Program. Our housing clients are regional and national leaders, including three of the top ten nonprofit affordable housing organizations in the United States.
Our team is collaborative, knowledgeable, and passionate about the work we do. And we have a great time doing it!
The responsibilities of the role include:
- Lead or facilitate discovery sessions to gather and define client business requirements.
- Analyze client business requirements and priorities, with a focus on delivering the most value within the client’s budget.
- Translate nonprofit client needs into lean and effective Salesforce implementations.
- Architect, build, and test Salesforce solutions for clients. This includes data architecture, customizing Salesforce, creating automations, migrating data, coaching the client’s Salesforce administrator, and providing technical documentation.
- Implement client projects using an Agile sprint-based approach focused on continually delivering a working system.
- Ensure our clients have a strong understanding of their system, the decisions behind the design, and how to administer it moving forward.
- Help develop best practices and effective, consistent repeatable delivery process in a fast-paced environment.
- Work in a small, self-organizing team.
- Travel up to 10% of the time (post-Covid).
This position requires at least three to five years of experience as a Salesforce administrator or Salesforce consultant. Candidates without this experience will not be considered.
Candidates should have the following experience:
- Salesforce App Builder and Salesforce Administrator certification (or equivalent experience).
- Experience with Salesforce data architecture, reporting, Process Builder, Flow, and data migration.
- Experience with user stories, agile, and the Scrum framework.
- The ability to define a high-value solution within budget and break down complex solutions into achievable, beneficial increments.
- Deep desire for continuous improvement and learning of both process and Salesforce technology skills.
- Strong business analysis skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as applied in analysis, recommendations, e-mail communication, client meetings, and team interaction.
- Experience working in a small company environment where flexibility is critical.
- A sense of humor, a positive outlook, and an easygoing manner when working with others.
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Successful track record of delivering full lifecycle technology projects in a consulting practice.
- Experience with Salesforce’s Program Management Module and/or the Nonprofit Cloud Case Management product.
- Nonprofit sector experience, either as an employee or volunteer.
Location and Benefits
We have a fun, meaningful, and flexible workplace. This position can be based anywhere in the United States (fully remote), based out of our office in downtown Seattle, or hybrid.
Employee benefits include employer-paid health insurance, a 401k retirement plan with up to 4% company match, paid holidays, vacation, bus pass/parking (Seattle-based employees), and professional development opportunities.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter/email to email@example.com. Submissions without a cover letter/email will not be considered.
Equal Opportunity and Non-discrimination
Bigger Boat Consulting is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. Bigger Boat Consulting does not discriminate with regards to hiring, assignment, promotion or other conditions of staff employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other status protected under local, state or federal law.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of our positions.